The Infanta Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz (Doña María del Pilar Alfonsa Juana Victoria Luisa Ignacia de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Borbón-Dos Sicilias) (born July 30, 1936) is the elder daughter of H.R.H. Don Juan de Borbon, Count of Barcelona and H.R.H. Doña Maria Mercedes de Borbón Dos-Sicilias y Orleans, and older sister of current reigning King Juan Carlos of Spain. She has also a younger sister, Infanta Margarita of Spain.
Doña Pilar married Don Luis Gomez-Acebo y de Estrada, Vizconde de la Torre (December 23, 1934 - March 9, 1991) on May 6, 1967 at Lisbon, Portugal. They had five children:
* Her Excellency Simoneta Luisa Gomez-Acebo y de Borbón (born October 28, 196
. She married Jose Miguel Fernandez y Sastron in 1990 and they have two sons (Luis Juan and Pablo) and one daughter (Maria de las Mercedes).
* His Excellency Juan Filiberto Nicolás Gomez-Acebo y de Borbón (born December 6, 1969), Vizconde de la Torre.
* His Excellency Bruno Alejandro Gomez-Acebo y de Borbón (born June 15, 1971). Married to Bárbara Cano in 2002 and they have two sons: Alejandro Juan (2004) and Guillermo (2005).
* His Excellency Beltrán Luis Alfonso Gomez-Acebo y de Borbón (born May 20, 1973). Married model Laura Ponte on September 18, 2004. They have a son Luis Felipe (2005) and a daughter, Laura (2006).
* His Excellency Fernando Umberto Gomez-Acebo y de Borbón (born September 30, 1974). Married Monica Fernan Luque on November 27, 2004.
Doña Pilar renounced her right of succession upon marriage, but her renunciation took place before the adoption of the Spanish Constitution and was not ratified by the Cortes.
She was President of the International Equestrian Federation from 1994 to 2005, when she was replaced by Princess Haya bint Hussein. She was member of the International Olympic Committee for Spain from 1996 to 2006, when she became an honorary member, and Member of the Executive Board of the Spanish Olympic Committee.
Infanta Pilar of Spain
Reference style Her Royal Highness
Spoken style Your Royal Highness
Alternative style Ma'am
The Infanta is fluent in English, French, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.